Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Internal compiler error C0000005 in a project making calls to MKL

jirina
New Contributor I

I am getting an internal compiler error C0000005 when compiling a project that makes a call to the MKL routine Pardiso. I created a small reproducer, it is attached to this post. I am trying this in Parallel Studio XE 2017 Composer Edition Update 2 in Visual Studio 2015 Community.

The very same example compiles well in Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition Update 4 in Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1, but it crashed when it is run; I am trying to resolve this problem in the MKL forum here.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, with all updates installed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you jirina. This is another instance of using /debug-parameters:all with /debug with PSXE 2017 Update 2 initially reported here.

You can temporarily avoid the internal compiler error by removing /debug-parameters:all (under the IDE: Properties > Fortran > Debugging > Information for PARAMETER Constants set to None)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I installed Parallel Studio 2017-Update 2 today. When I ran the compiler on your source files with /extend_source, I did not see any ICE.

The other error that you described -- an illegal access error inside MKL -- in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-math-kernel-library/topic/714891​ -- is traceable to an incorrect type declaration for the argument PT to Pardiso. I have responded on how you can fix this issue in that thread.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you jirina. This is another instance of using /debug-parameters:all with /debug with PSXE 2017 Update 2 initially reported here.

You can temporarily avoid the internal compiler error by removing /debug-parameters:all (under the IDE: Properties > Fortran > Debugging > Information for PARAMETER Constants set to None)

0 Kudos
jirina
New Contributor I

Thank you very much; the suggested workaround works well and I am no more getting the internal compiler error.

0 Kudos