Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Join the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta Program today

Light_Intel

Join the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta Program today and—for a limited time—get early access to new features and get an open invitation to tell us what you really think.

We want YOU to tell us what to improve so we can create high-quality software tools that meet your development needs.

Top New Features in Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta

• Scale and perform on the path to exascale. Enable greater scalability and improve latency with the latest Intel® MPI Library.
  • Get better answers with less overhead. Focus more fully on useful data, CPU utilization of physical cores, and more using new data-selection support from Intel® VTune Amplifier’s Application Performance Snapshot.
  • Visualize parallelism. Interactively build, validate, and visualize algorithms using Intel® Advisor’s Flow Graph Analyzer.
  • Stay up-to-date with the latest standards:
    • Expanded C++17 and Fortran 2018 support
    • Full OpenMP* 4.5 and expanded (partial) support for OpenMP* 5.0 (Preview 2) specification
    • Python* 3.6 and 2.7

New Features in Intel® Fortran Compiler

• User-defined reductions, completing support for OpenMP* 4.5
  • BLOCK construct inside an OpenMP parallel region
  • Array shape checking
  • Coarray Events for synchronization of different coarray images

We’ve added a “What’s new in Intel® Compiler 19.0 beta” presentation to our main beta page. You are welcome to review it and try out the new features.

To learn more, visit Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Beta page.

Then sign up to get started.

Note: If you encounter a HTTP ERROR: 404 on the beta registration page, please clear the browser cache and try again.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Braun__Jay
Beginner

The .tgz file for the full package is > 5 GB.  Past downloads were about 1/3 the size.  Is there really that much more software, data, etc.?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I investigated a performance regression in C++ called from Fortran using the VTune.  VTune has changed enough that it's difficult at first to avoid mistakes.  The support team responded fairly quickly but they seem to be unaware of the beta test.  Maybe that explains the faster than normal response but it seems no progress will be made until someone catches on to the beta test.  Meanwhile there's no  point in submitting a ticket without a full explanation of the beta test and how we found out about it.

The extra steps added to the supporttickets access are particularly annoying when we are not on a high performance internet connection.  I suppose that happened before the beta test. 

Needless to say, I didn't try to install without full speed internet, but I have little hope Intel comes to understand that a large part of USA lacks that.  We have a state enforced monopoly on internet connections so it won't happen until the outfits who have the most expensive lobbyists get around to it.  The electric utility is ready with partners, but the state, on behalf lobbyists, discriminates by not allowing the electric coop to run internet in more than one city, even within a single county.  A similar situation existed even right outside the doors of Intel when I went to work there (except then there was no digital phone service) , and has not changed here, and assuredly will not change with the current administration. So Intel has had at least 17 years to get used to it.   Wireless phone service nearly everywhere is directed primarily to freeways and businesses next to them.  We can see towers from here but still it's intermittent at 3Mb/s max.   

0 Kudos
Braun__Jay
Beginner

I don't have enough disk space on my VM to install this.  It requires about 20 GB.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Braun, Jay wrote:

I don't have enough disk space on my VM to install this.  It requires about 20 GB.

Please use "Customizable Package" option.

I want to download only the components I need. Time and space are important to me. While I'm connected to the internet, I can either install immediately or download for later offline installation on the same or another computer. Initial download 22 MB, max download 2418 MB based on component selection.

0 Kudos
Braun__Jay
Beginner

I downloaded the customizable package (actually, before I read your reply -- thanks!).  It worked, though I never was prompted to customize.

My next issue is that the compiler requires a license file.  I have an ifort 18 license file, but that does not seem to be what it's looking for.  I was not prompted for a license file during installation.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Braun, Jay wrote:

My next issue is that the compiler requires a license file.  I have an ifort 18 license file, but that does not seem to be what it's looking for.  I was not prompted for a license file during installation.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/resend-license-file

0 Kudos
Braun__Jay
Beginner

דרך אגב: אני רואה את השׁמות "דבורה" ו"נוגה".  נדמה לי שׁאתן בּישׂראל

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Braun, Jay wrote:

דרך אגב: אני רואה את השׁמות "דבורה" ו"נוגה".  נדמה לי שׁאתן בּישׂראל

I am located in the good old USA :-)  

0 Kudos
Braun__Jay
Beginner

Thank you .  I did not see that the license file is attached to the e-mail that welcomes one to the Beta program.

Everything worked fine for my application, and I was looking for a way to indicate that; will there be a follow-up request for feedback from Intel?

j

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Braun, Jay wrote:

Thank you .  I did not see that the license file is attached to the e-mail that welcomes one to the Beta program.

Everything worked fine for my application, and I was looking for a way to indicate that; will there be a follow-up request for feedback from Intel?

j

Great to hear that all worked well! There will be a follow up survey at the end of the Beta program. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

0 Kudos