Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28603 Discussions

LINK: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'user32.lib'

ajmacpherson
Beginner
I believe this is a common problem related to environmental settings, but I still can't get past it. Googling around, I haven't found any coherent advice.

I have a new installation of Intel Fortran 11.1. I am trying tocompile a previously written makefile from the command line, which is when the error in the thread title occurs.

If it is a helpful bit of information, the code was written on Intel Fortran9.0.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alex
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
How are you establishing the command environment for the makefile? You should be doing it from a "Build environment for IA-32 (or Intel 64) applications" from Start > All Programs > Intel Software Development Tools > Intel Visual Fortran 11.1.xxx. The problem is that the LIB environment variable is not being set up to point to the Win32 SDK files. The locations of these vary depending on which Visual Studio you are using.
0 Kudos
ajmacpherson
Beginner
Steve

Thanks for your response. I'm establish the environment as you say:

> All Programs > Intel Software Development Tools > Intel Visual Fortran 11.1.048 > Fortran build env....for IA-32

Is this what I need to be pointing to?:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Lib

Alex

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
V6.1? Hmm, I don't have that one - but it should work. Is user32.lib in that folder? What is the value of the LIB environment variable? Which Visual Studio do you have installed?
0 Kudos
ajmacpherson
Beginner
Steve

Yes, user32.lib is in that folder. I think I have resolved the problem, though.
The following statement was in the makefile:

LIB=".;$Compiler\11.1\048\lib\ia32\;$LIB"

Once I removed it, the makefile compiled. A bunch of other errors of course, but I think unrelated. Thanks.

Alex

0 Kudos