Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86'

tastadny
Beginner

Hi there,

I am importing code from a 32-bit environment and CVF 6.6 onto a 64-bit system with Intel Fortran 11.0.061. I have managed to import the project, but am having problems compiling. I have followed the advice on the forums and am pretty sure that my hang up is the fact that I CANNOT specify anything other than the x86 target machine environment under the

project properties -> linker ->advanced tab.

I have set the x64 environment with configuration manager and under Tools->Options->Intel Fortran. I'm now at a loss as to what to do next and have been struggling with this for days...

TAS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Have you installed the Visual C++ "x64 Compiler and Tools" feature as described in the release notes? Visual Studio Professional Edition (and higher) does not install this by default. You should not need to play with the linker properties - setting the configuration to "x64" should do the trick.

Oh, since you converted a CVF project, go to the Linker > Command Line property page and make sure that there is no /machine specified under Additional Options. If there is, remove it.

0 Kudos
tastadny
Beginner

Have you installed the Visual C++ "x64 Compiler and Tools" feature as described in the release notes? Visual Studio Professional Edition (and higher) does not install this by default. You should not need to play with the linker properties - setting the configuration to "x64" should do the trick.

Oh, since you converted a CVF project, go to the Linker > Command Line property page and make sure that there is no /machine specified under Additional Options. If there is, remove it.

Thanks! Yup...the machine type was specified as x86...I figured that some setting somewhere was copied over! Thanks...wish I asked this question 3 days ago :(

TAS

0 Kudos