Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

LNK2005 error

shukri_d_
Beginner

New to this development environment - in fact my very first project.  I get the following link errors:

Error 1  error LNK2005: _for_emit_diagnostic already defined in libifcoremd.lib(libifcoremd.dll) libifcoremt.lib(for_diags_intel.obj) 
Error 2  error LNK2005: _for_set_reentrancy already defined in libifcoremd.lib(libifcoremd.dll) libifcoremt.lib(for_reentrancy.obj) 
Error 3  error LNK2005: _for_close already defined in libifcoremd.lib(libifcoremd.dll) libifcoremt.lib(for_close.obj) 
Error 4  error LNK2005: _for_open already defined in libifcoremd.lib(libifcoremd.dll) libifcoremt.lib(for_open.obj) 
Error 5  error LNK2005: _for_write_seq already defined in libifcoremd.lib(libifcoremd.dll) libifcoremt.lib(for_wseq.obj) 
Error 6  fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found Debug\spcalz.exe 

Here's the linker command line:

/OUT:"Debug\spcalz.exe" /VERBOSE /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"msvcrtd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcmt" /NODEFAULTLIB:"mscvcr90.dll" /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcmtd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dformd.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dfconsol.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dfport.lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"N:\ENGLIB\spcalz\Debug\spcalz.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"N:\ENGLIB\spcalz\Debug\spcalz.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE libifport.lib glbspds.lib glbsds.lib dsssys_c.lib dsssys_f.lib dsslib_c.lib dsslib_f.lib gdiplus.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib wsock32.lib odbc32.lib glbpms.lib advapi32.lib kernel32.lib winmm.lib libifcoremd.lib

This was copied from an existing project that does not procude the linker error.  Only addition is glbspds.lib.  I would appreciate any assistance in resolving these errors.

Thank you in advance for the support ...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You're switching among static libraries (which used to be default) and dynamic , and maybe into debug. If your compile and link settings are consistent with your nodefaultlib settings a full rebuild should work.
0 Kudos
shukri_d_
Beginner

Thank you Tim for the quick response!

I'm aware that what I have is a conflict between static and dynamic libraries - I just have not been able to resolve this!!  I'm really new to this development environment.  Here are the compiler and linker command lines:

Compiler:

/nologo /debug:full /Od /I" " /D_NEWUI /D_PID24 /D_NOLICENSE /fixed /extend_source:132 /Qsave /align:commons /names:lowercase /iface:cref /assume:underscore /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /Fd"Debug\vc110.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /libs:dll /threads /c

Linker:

/OUT:"Debug\spcalz.exe" /VERBOSE /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"msvcrtd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcmt" /NODEFAULTLIB:"mscvcr90.dll" /NODEFAULTLIB:"libcmtd" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dformd.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dfconsol.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB:"dfport.lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"N:\ENGLIB\spcalz\Debug\spcalz.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"N:\ENGLIB\spcalz\Debug\spcalz.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE libifport.lib glbspds.lib glbsds.lib dsssys_c.lib dsssys_f.lib dsslib_c.lib dsslib_f.lib gdiplus.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib wsock32.lib odbc32.lib glbpms.lib advapi32.lib kernel32.lib winmm.lib libifcoremd.lib

In the end I need to use the dynamic library as that will allow for sharing data between processes.

Any help you offer will be appreciated.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos