Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Link to articles submitted over the years.

TonyRichards
Novice

Over the years before I Retired, I was invited to and did submit at least one article on programming Windows apps in Fortran and am hoping to access articles written by others that might be useful.

However the link I have recorded is not the correct one now.

I have

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/

Please can you provide the up-to-date link?

TIA

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/documentation-resources/developer.html 

Do you have the name of the particular article you are looking for?

0 Kudos
TonyRichards
Novice

Just as an example, here is one that I submitted around July 2011:
"How to customise dialog box control colours from within a dialog box procedure using Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE".
It is not to just blow my own trumpet ( but if it is still stored, I was hoping to be able to download the code, as I had
lost access to it when I retired 5 years ago, but I have since rediscovered it on a 'dusty disk drive', so to speak!), but I am interested in articles written by other amateur or semi-pro users of the Intel Fortran compiler, especially those that can save you hours searching among the pages of the official Intel Fortran/ Visual Studio combo for just what you might need to solve an annoying programming or documentation problem! Any way, I'd be grateful if you could track down the source of my and others contributions, thankyou.
Regards
Anthony Richards

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Articles that mention products no longer provided by Intel were removed. Visual Fortran Composer was EOLed.

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Code written using Fortran Composer is still useful today with oneAPI or any other flavour of Intel Fortan, if only to show techniques and other tips to answer problems.

Fortran has the longest history of any programming language, and we need to make use of the accumulated knowledge of generations of Fortran programmers.

INTEL please stop throwing away our history and knowledge base.

TonyRichards
Novice

Frankly, like David White below, I am aghast at such cavalier-sounding behaviour from Intel. That the mere mention of a particular Fortran compiler version called COMPOSER should mark an article on making FORTRAN programming for MICROSOFT WINDOWS more accessible to FORTRAN PROGRAMMERS is enough to effectively bin it and render what useful knowledge it will contain as no longer accessible is, frankly, shocking. Would Intel's librarians similarly use the other highlighted words to dump articles? I hope not, given that they label things that show no signs of being moribund.

Might I suggest that the Chief Librarian modify their code from

IF('COMPOSER' IN ARTICLE) THEN

BIN = BIN + ARTICLE

ENDIF

to

IF('COMPOSER'.AND.NOT('WINDOWS'.OR.'FORTRAN'.OR.'USEFUL'.OR.'AUTHOREDBY.BLACK.OR.BROWNBELTS' IN ARTICLE) THEN

IF('STEVE LIONEL OR SIMILAR SAYS YES') THEN

BIN=BIN+ARTICLE

ELSE

LEAVE WELL ALONE

ENDIF

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The real problem here is that product names change through the years at the whim of marketing people. Articles are written using the then-current marketing name, but really, all of these are about "Intel Fortran Compiler" and should not be deleted (unless after review they no longer have value, even to users of older compilers.)  

I always thought that the cutesy name "Composer" was ridiculous and am glad it is gone, but not at the expense of articles that happen to mention it.

0 Kudos