Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Locally-installed documentation for Fortran 16.0 for Windows?

TH
Beginner

Newly installed updates here to Fortran 16.0 for Windows, updated from I think 14.0 or 14.1.  We don't see any locally-installed documentation (Language Reference Manual, etc.) in these installations of 16.0.  Is there a way to get locally-installed documentation for these users?  Several developers work mostly off-line and do not have access to the internet while working.  Installed version reports as:  16.0.3.207 Build 20160415. Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There should be a directory called documentation_2016 in the root directory of the Parallel Studio installation.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

As noted, the content should be present under:   C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\documentation_2016

There are various others methods for accessing it such as shortcuts from the Windows* Start menu (depending on the package installed) like:

Getting Started with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition (Under the Parallel Studio XE 2016 program group)
Getting Started (under the Composer Edition for Fortran program group)

And also under Visual Studio under: Help > Intel Compilers and Libraries

0 Kudos
TH
Beginner

Thanks all, I see it now.

Under the Windows Programs menu 'Getting Started' is an entry for 'Training and Documentation', which points to the language reference.

Here, we all skipped past the 'Getting Started' menu item, expecting to see a direct link to the language reference in there somewhere.

--

Also, under Visual Studio 'Help', there is also a pretty direct link to the language reference.

Most of us are command line users who rarely open the VS interface, so thanks much for that information, we wouldn't have seen that for ages if ever.

--

Best regards.

0 Kudos
dboggs
New Contributor I

I would love to have the documentation as a local pdf file so that I can mark it up. Apparently my versions of ifort are too old to have this in the directory tree described above. Can it be made as a download from the Intel site?

0 Kudos
dboggs
New Contributor I

Thanks Steve. I wish I had known this several years ago. My local copy would be well red-lined and full of margin notes by now.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

For several years we didn't have a PDF copy, but enough customers asked for it that we did one for 16. It is linked from the FAQ.

0 Kudos