Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Memory Access Analysis - Cache Bound

hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Hello,

Vtune's memory access analysis shows a very high metric for my program being memory bound (80% mostly l1 cache bound). However, the bottom up analysis puts essentailly all the blame for this on an intel library function libifcoremdd.dll-func@0x1800775c0. Since the memory access analysis does not collect the call stack I don't know how to use this information. Is there a way to tell which calls from my program are responsible for the inefficient memory access identified here? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

OK I figured it out. This was probably a silly question. I just ran a basic hotspot analysis and searched for the function in there and I could see the call stack of the function that the memory analysis flagged as causing me issues from there. That just raised a bunch of other question but as I have answered my original question I will close this thread.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

OK I figured it out. This was probably a silly question. I just ran a basic hotspot analysis and searched for the function in there and I could see the call stack of the function that the memory analysis flagged as causing me issues from there. That just raised a bunch of other question but as I have answered my original question I will close this thread.

View solution in original post