Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

Mismatch between source code and debugging process

robertdenirot
Beginner
Hello,

I am using Visual Fortran 8.1 with .NET
My program is composed of modules that contains either full fortran 95 files
or full fortran 77 files.
Ex 1, file.f90 :
MODULE toto
IMPLICIT NONE
PRIVATE

CONTAINS
include "*.f90"

END MODULE
Ex 2, file.F :
MODULE titi
IMPLICIT NONE
PRIVATE

CONTAINS
include "*.f"
END MODULE

I compile and link my program properly without any problem. The execution is also performed properly.

If I build a debug version of my program, and run it into the debug, I encounter several problems :

1/ I cannot access directly to the variables defined in a different module that the one I am actualy into. I have to give the full "path" means
module_name::var_name in the table to get its value.
This behavior is different from the visual fortran of compaq.

2/ When I access one of the subroutine contained in a module, the yellow arrow do not point to the first line of the code but to another subroutine, then with a continue, it goes back to the first line. When I look at the "Code Machine" (in french, sorry), it seems that the machine instructions do not follow the order of the source code.
This rpoblem appears in different subroutines and particularly in one of them, when I look at the "Code Machine", the instructions are all displayed after the source code, meaning that when debugging, the yellow arow is stuck at the end of my subroutine. In this subroutine, the breakpoints hold a "?" and the debugger does not stop at them.

Obviously I have recompiled everything from scratch, but the problems remains. Note that with Compaq compiler the behavior is perfectly coherent.

Does anybody have ever experienced this problem ?
Do I have forgotten any options in my project ?

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
0 Replies