Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28613 Discussions

Missing Resource Compiler for VS2015 32 and 64 bit builds

Chris_H_3
Beginner

I have a fresh install of VS2015 with SP1 followed by installation if Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016.  The rc.exe and associated dll are not here:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64

Two questions: where can I get the exe and dll I need for resource compilation of 64-bit progs, and where should the 32-bit version be (and where can I get it)

I have Windows 7.  Please help.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

CHobbs

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That's not where it lives - very little is under the "10" folder. The SDK tools for VS2015 are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\

0 Kudos
Chris_H_3
Beginner

Thank you for the info, Steve.  I am using a third party api library called Winteracter.  It is looking for the resource compiler and libraries in the 10 folder.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You'll have to ask the Winteracter folks how to correct that.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

More info - the way it works is that if the Windows 10 SDK is explicitly installed (you would have had to do this separately), then that is used, otherwise the 8.1 SDK is used. Visual Studio (and the VS2015 batch files) do registry queries for this. If Winteracter is just looking at directory structure and seeing the "10" folder, it will choose incorrectly.

0 Kudos