Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Need Help getting started

Tom_Colwill
Beginner
Hi,
Have downloaded trial copy of Fortran for OSX. How do I compile and execute a program?
Earlier I submitted this question to the Download, Registration & Licensing forum, and am appreciative of the help from Igor Vorobtsov (Intel), to wit: You need to set required environment variables to use the compiler (using the script from the folder where the compiler is installed), run the compilation using the ifort command and execute the output file (if the compilation was successful).
It looks like the compiler is installed in Macintosh HD/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/088/bin/ia32
The files in this folder are codecov, codecov_libFNP.dylib, fortcom, fpp, ifort, ifort_libFNP.dylib, ifort.cfg, ifortvars_ia32.csh, ifortvars_ia32.sh, profdcg, profmerge, proforder, svfortcom, tselect, tselect_libFNP.dylib, xiar, xild, and xilibtool
Is this the right folder? How do I run the script? How do I use the ifort command?
Continued
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
1. Open a command shell window.

2. Run the environment set up script

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/088/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32

3. Create a source file, say prog.f90. In the shell, change to the directory where the source is saved, and type

ifort prog.f90

4. You should now have a file ./a.out to run.
0 Kudos