Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Need for libguide40.dll

David_DiLaura1

I installed 11.066 and let the conversion to the new project format take place when I opened an existing project. Compiling and execution of the resulting console application takes place without incident on my machine. However, the app will not run on a user's machine. They get this message:

This application has failed to start because libguide40.dll was not found.

The user had no trouble running this app before I move to 11.066; that is, when the app was generated with 10.039 there was no problem. Point VS2005 to the 10.029 compiler does not solve the problem. I don't know why this dll isn't accompanying the exe that I'm creating. I am not using any OpenMP compiler directives.

I'm running VS 2005

Compiler options:

/nologo /debug:full /O3 /QxP /Qparallel /assume:buffered_io /free /module:"Release\" /object:"Release\" /libs:static /threads /c /Qprec-sqrt-

Linker options:

/OUT:"Release/Eng_Rendering2.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /NODEFAULTLIB:"LIBC.lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"C:\NewRT\Rendering3\release\eng_rendering2.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\NewRT\Rendering3\release\eng_rendering2.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /FIXED:NO /IMPLIB:"C:\NewRT\Rendering3\release\eng_rendering2.lib"

Any help will be appreciated.

David

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Just take a copy out of the compiler's LIB folder. You're allowed to redistribute it.

I'll note that in version 11 the default OpenMP library is the "compatibility" library, libiomp5. libguide, the "legacy" library, is available if you use /Qopenmp-lib:legacy, but this is deprecated and will be removed in a future major release.

0 Kudos