Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Non-supported features in IFX

LarsJ
Novice

Hi

Just saw the post that the IFORT will be deprecated in 2024, so we tried to compile our software using IFX (2023.1.0.46319), but got the error message:

error #5533: Feature found on this line is not yet supported in ifx.

The line referenced contains this: 

LICSYS_DLL = MyRosapDll%LICENCHECK_mp_LICSYS_DLL(LC) 

Will all features of IFORT be moved to IFX before deprecation?

Best Regards

Lars

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

That is not the current level of IFX, given the rapid trajectory of features added to IFX I would suggest trying the latest version. All language features in IFORT should be supported in IFX that are some other attributes that are not, for example IFX does not build 32bit applications.  Currently the only thing stopping IFX use for my part is some debugger integration issues that reduce productivity. 

LarsJ
Novice

That sound promising - thanks.

Integration issues are actual the reasons that we are not using the latest version, we found the combination of Intel oneAPI 2023.1.0 to work well with VS 2022 17.5.4.

From this (Intel® Compilers compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and...) it seems we need to go to VS 2022 17.7.5 to use 2024.0 and that this has been validated (we are on windows).

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

You should be fine with VS 2022 17.7.5 and 2024.0. The VS compatibility article states " Up to VS 2022 17.7.5" with 2024.0. 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

@LarsJ, if you still have that error with the current release of ifx, 2024.0.0. Please post a reproducer and I'll look into it.

0 Kudos