Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OT The rumours are exaggerated :-)

Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Not OT at all! Consider this thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler-for-linux-and-mac-os-x/topic/269439 . The thread has posts 1 to 9 dated 2009, but post 10 is dated 2016. The author of the last post probably searched with some keywords, and, finding the topic close to what he wanted to ask about, added to the thread. I usually found myself perplexed with such threads, but now it is becoming a habit to check post dates when my head starts itching.

I wish that browsers and blog/forum hosts would display older articles with increasing shades of yellow background color. That (and possibly musty smell) is what I expect from old printed newspapers. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

One thing we've started doing here is locking threads that are considered closed and haven't had a reply in six months, but we're not consistent about this.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I had noticed that, but could see no pattern to how they had been selected. It is a welcome change, but once in a while you may receive a request to unlock.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Certainly, but it's usually better to start a new thread.

0 Kudos