Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Old Intel Fortran Compiler name

DRV
Novice

Hello, 

I have a software that requires the following old intel compilers:

• IVF 12.0.221
  • IVF 15.0.221

However, I can't find the link between these names to a specific intel fortran compiler from the following link:

Compiler version map to Intel® Parallel Studio XE

Please can you help me to find the correct fortran compiler.

Thank you,

Dhurian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DRV
Novice

Hi Andrew, 

Thank you for your explanation. 

It is a proprietary software that I need to create DLLs for. 

Meanwhile we found an old Fortran compiler and it worked. 

So I think for now we are ok.

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

You won't find intel downloads that old. You can probably use newer versions with whatever program (FEA/CAE) program you are using with a bit of tweaking of scripts etc. If you give more info you should get some help here but a forum search may find your answers because these questions are asked a lot!

0 Kudos
DRV
Novice

Hi Andrew_4619, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Can you let me know what fortran installers would be applicate at least? Even if they are that old.

I wish it would be that easy. Unfortunately I am working in a slow moving industry and those are the requirements. 

The tool only works with the Fortran versions detailed above natively. Otherwise the users need to install additional fortran compilers which isn't always possible because of admin rights and cost.

If you could guide me on what other information I could provide to help that would be nice. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

My best guess is version 10 came out in 2007 and 2008. This is derived from the installation file named:

w_fc_p_10.1.014_intel64.exe

The installation file naming convention after that date went to composer_20nn_...exe, then later to Parallel Studio ....

Guessing/using at most one major version number per year, a vintage 2010 or 2011 installation file might yield an IVF 12.0.221.

Finding this file would only be the beginning of your endeavor because you also will need the license file .AND. an older version of Visual Studio.

Edit: Have you tried building the application using the newest version of the installation files as Andrew mentioned.

Potential issues may be the lack of previously provided libraries (Array Visualizer, IMSL, and/or some others). The binaries of these libraries are still usable with the new compiler. For example, I can still build applications using Array Visualizer.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
DRV
Novice

Hi Jim, 

Thank you for your help. 

We tried to build with the latest version of Fortran but the software simply doesn't accept it.

We did manage to find an old version of Fortran but not exactly the same  that we would want  but after compiling with it the tool accepted the dll.

For now I think we are fine. 

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

1] The latest (oneApi) compiler is free, yes FREE

2] The older compilers you list were not free you would need to have bought a licence. If you have a valid licence for those versions and can find an installer somewhere (e.g. in a backup) then you are ok.

3] If you have current (paid for) tech support you could asked at the Intel support centre if you could have a download but I do not think anything that old is available.

4] What are you trying to be compatible with?

read https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/troubleshooting/older-version-product.html

0 Kudos
DRV
Novice

Hi Andrew, 

Thank you for your explanation. 

It is a proprietary software that I need to create DLLs for. 

Meanwhile we found an old Fortran compiler and it worked. 

So I think for now we are ok.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos