Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Old version Intel Parallel Studio XE composer Edition for Fortran Windows

RejeanBelliveau
Beginner

I am looking to download an older version of the Intel Parallel Studio XE composer Edition for Fortran to use in conjunction with Abaqus. I have done my research and the new version of the oneAPI software is not compatible with Abaqus. Therefore, I would like to download a older version of the software.

I'm a student at the moment and my thesis director has a lincence for one of the older version however I dont seem to be able to download it as it's pretty old (2009). Is it still possible to have this product or do I need to purchase a newer version?

I would be able to use practically any other version of the software except the new 2020-2021 licence. I know that the new version is free for student, so is ity possible to have an older version as well (maybe 2019)?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You are mistaken. 

Abacus should work with any Intel Fortran Version after 2009 and that includes oneAPI

You will need to attempt to make the connection and then fix the errors - this is how we learn as Doctoral Students. 

You will have an unpleasant few days but it will be much quicker and a good experience to do it. 

API has the classic compiler.  

Abacus is not special 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

There are so many threads created with this topic. Read some of them. The answer is always to change a few directory/file names folder pointers in some scripts or environment vars. You need to dig a bit further. It is poor that the ABAQUS guys don't give any pointers in their help system instead they test something and say it works and then for the next 5 years say you must use the version they tested!  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Andrew noted:

"It is poor that the ABAQUS guys don't give any pointers in their help system instead they test something and say it works and then for the next 5 years say you must use the version they tested!  "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Deleted humourous comment} --- as David Niven recounted in his famous book. 

[Further deleted humourous comment related to {deleted by censor}] ------ as Donald Knuth once said. 

Yes I agree Andrew, but this is a common comment for a lot of modern software. 

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The Abaqus support page has the following comment on Intel Fortran

image_2021-01-15_130942.png

I would download the Abaqus student edition but it is not available at the moment.  

As they say in England -- good luck old boy.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Further Interesting comments:

1. I am installing DS Solidworks - same company as Abaqus and it installs 2015 VS Studio components 

and the following link provides some further comments on Intel Fortran and DS Software. 

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/232866 

0 Kudos