Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

OneAPI, cannot find setvars.sh

mark10
Novice

I have installed OneAPI Linux 64 2022.0.2 base toolkit and hpc toolkit on Ubuntu 22.04, the installation instructions say to run the env script "setvars.sh" which is supposed to be located in /opt/intel/oneapi/ but it is not there and I can't find it anywhere on my system.

In addition when attempting to compile and link a hello world using ifort, I run into various issues which may be related:

ld: cannot find -limf
ld: cannot find -lsvml

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

Ubu 22.04 is not supported BUT I am surprised.  It appears to be a bad installation if that file is missing. 

So I'd try to uninstall everything and start over.

The installer keeps a database.  It is kept in ~/intel folder.  So if you want to remove all installation history, do this:

rm -Rf ~/intel

assumes of course that YOU have not stored any of your own files in ~/intel

OK so now there is no history of your installation.  Now you can remove the binaries

rm -Rf /opt/intel/oneapi

There are 2 ways to install:  online or offline.  Which did you do?  If offline, check the checksums to make sure your download was not corrupted.   You might want to try just installing the components you want, from this article

Ubu 22.04 is new. and it's not officially supported.  There is a possibility this latest Ubu breaks something in the installer.  Let me know if the reinstallation is still missing setvars.sh.  it is critical to run this, the enviroment for oneAPI is complex.

You can set env for just the compiler with 

source /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/env/vars.sh intel64

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ron_Green

Ubu 22.04 is not supported BUT I am surprised.  It appears to be a bad installation if that file is missing. 

So I'd try to uninstall everything and start over.

The installer keeps a database.  It is kept in ~/intel folder.  So if you want to remove all installation history, do this:

rm -Rf ~/intel

assumes of course that YOU have not stored any of your own files in ~/intel

OK so now there is no history of your installation.  Now you can remove the binaries

rm -Rf /opt/intel/oneapi

There are 2 ways to install:  online or offline.  Which did you do?  If offline, check the checksums to make sure your download was not corrupted.   You might want to try just installing the components you want, from this article

Ubu 22.04 is new. and it's not officially supported.  There is a possibility this latest Ubu breaks something in the installer.  Let me know if the reinstallation is still missing setvars.sh.  it is critical to run this, the enviroment for oneAPI is complex.

You can set env for just the compiler with 

source /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/env/vars.sh intel64

mark10
Novice

Thank you, Ron, that worked.

Not sure what the problem was, in my initial install I used apt files, this time though I chose to use the Online installer GUI.