Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

OpenMP Declare SIMD alignment

M___Nils
Beginner

I want to create a vectorized version of a function. MWE:

SUBROUTINE simd_alignment(x, y)
!$OMP declare simd (simd_alignment) processor(skylake_avx512) linear(ref(x, y)) aligned(x, y: 64)

REAL, INTENT(IN) :: x
  REAL, INTENT(OUT) :: y

y = (x-1.0) * 10.0
END SUBROUTINE simd_alignment

Compiling this with the flags:

-qopenmp-simd -align array64byte -O3 -no-prec-div -xCORE-AVX512 -mtune=skylake -g -traceback -fpp -qopt-report=5 -qopt-report-phase=vec,loop -ip -heap-arrays -r8  -convert big_endian

results in the following report

Begin optimization report for: EQUIL::SIMD_ALIGNMENT..ZN16R8R8

Report from: Loop nest & Vector optimizations [loop, vec]

remark #15389: vectorization support: reference y has unaligned access   [ equil.F90(1169,3) ]
remark #15389: vectorization support: reference x has unaligned access   [ equil.F90(1169,3) ]
remark #15381: vectorization support: unaligned access used inside loop body
remark #15347: FUNCTION WAS VECTORIZED with zmm, simdlen=16, unmasked, formal parameter types: (linear_ref:8,linear_ref:8) 
remark #15305: vectorization support: vector length 16
remark #15450: unmasked unaligned unit stride loads: 1 
remark #15451: unmasked unaligned unit stride stores: 1 
===========================================================================

Begin optimization report for: EQUIL::SIMD_ALIGNMENT..ZM16R8R8

Report from: Loop nest & Vector optimizations [loop, vec]

remark #15389: vectorization support: reference y has unaligned access   [ equil.F90(1169,3) ]
remark #15389: vectorization support: reference x has unaligned access   [ equil.F90(1169,3) ]
remark #15381: vectorization support: unaligned access used inside loop body
remark #15347: FUNCTION WAS VECTORIZED with zmm, simdlen=16, masked, formal parameter types: (linear_ref:8,linear_ref:8) 
remark #15305: vectorization support: vector length 16
remark #15456: masked unaligned unit stride loads: 1 
remark #15457: masked unaligned unit stride stores: 1 
===========================================================================

How can I get rid of the unaligned accesses? The OpenMP standard says

The type of list items appearing in the aligned clause must be C_PTR or Cray pointer, or the
list item must have the POINTER or ALLOCATABLE attribute.

for the aligned attribute in a declare simd clause. This doesn't make sense in my case.

I know that I can use a function in combination with bind(C) and the value attribute, but I need to be able to return multiple values.

0 Kudos
0 Replies