Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 2015 install hangs on Win10

Cote__Ken
Beginner

Corporate IT just forced me onto Win10, so I'm trying to install Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 7 Composer for Fortran on a new machine.  VS2015 is already installed.  Had been using them together fine on my old Win7 machine, same versions.  The installer hangs at Installing Component 1 of 33, the ads keep flipping up but the progress bar never shows any progress. Task Manager shows the Intel Software Setup Assistant using 10-15% CPU, 101 Mb memory.  Also, cancelling from the install screen does nothing, have to End the Setup Assistant task from the Task manager to get out.  I've killed the task and restarted the install, as well as restarted the machine and restarted the install, several times, with same results.  INPS15U7.log shows:

***  Installation Started 12/04/2018 15:49  ***
Title: Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 (Update 7 Composer Edition) Installation
Source: C:\Windows\ccmcache\r\INPS15U7.EXE
User Rights: Admin

One curious symptom, the Intel folder containing the log above, and a Download folder with a bunch more in it, are in the Program Files (x86) folder, even though it's a 64 bit machine.

Any Suggestions?

And I've attached a better log file, zipped due to size.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cote__Ken
Beginner

Here's a better log file...

0 Kudos