Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Possible bug with PDT

Fábio_Mallaco
Beginner
I'm getting the fllowing error when trying to compile my test code catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error. compilation aborted for text.f90 (code 1) Curiously when I split the PDT declaration on my subroutine into two lines the code compiles and works perfectly. Apologies if I missed something.
module global

TYPE matrix(real_kind, m, n)
    INTEGER, KIND :: real_kind
    integer, len  :: m, n
    REAL(real_kind), dimension(m,n) :: element
END TYPE matrix

end module

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

program ringleb_flow

integer :: q, w

read (*,*) q, w

call indat(q, w)

end program

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subroutine indat(q, w)

use global

integer :: i, j, q, w
type( matrix(kind(0.0), q, w) ) :: a, b
! type(matrix(kind(0.0), w, q)) :: b

print *, q, w

do concurrent (i=1:q, j=1:w)
    a%element(i,j) = 100*i+j
    b%element(j,i) = q*(j-1)+i
enddo

do i=1, q
    print *, a%element(i,:)
enddo

print *

do i=1, w
    print *, b%element(i,:)
enddo

end subroutine
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please show me the command line you used and add -logo  I'm having trouble reproducing this. It would also be helpful if you attached the source as a .f90 file, rather than pasting it in to the post, as that changes the formatting.

0 Kudos
Fábio_Mallaco
Beginner
I'm using a plain "ifort text.f90". Could it be related to system library? Here's the output with -logo Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 15.0.0.090 Build 20140723 Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY Intel(R) Fortran 15.0-1684 catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error. compilation aborted for text.f90 (code 1)
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok, I can reproduce it with the actual source. Thanks. I'll let you know what I find.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

First of all, any time there's an internal compiler error, it's a compiler bug, whether or not your source is incorrect. In this case, there's nothing wrong with your source. I will report this to the developers - thanks for letting us know! Issue ID is DPD200362857.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This has been fixed - I expect the fix to appear in Update 2, planned for February.

0 Kudos