Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28590 Discussions

Premier Support Upload of File problem

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

I am having problems trying to upload reproducer files via my "Premier Support" request web page.

Stephen_Sutcliffe_0-1702132074713.png

I can select the file after I click the Add File link but the page hangs thereafter.

The files I've tried are less than 0.5GB (type 7z) so are well below the size limit of 2GB.

I am accessing the Premier Support through Google Chrome.

I've mentioned the problem to the guy looking after this case but had no response as yet.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues or know of a workaround?

Steve

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

One correction to my earlier post. I am using Microsoft Edge NOT Google Chrome broswer.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III
I don't know the answer but maybe you can just add a file share link such as OneDrive, Dropbox etc
0 Kudos
Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

Thanks Jim,

I have e-mailed the files to Intel Customer Support <supportreplies@intel.com>. I thought this was one of those "Do not reply to this e-mail" type addresses.

Hopefully someone at Intel will look into their support web page to at least diagnose and fix the problem.

Most of the requests I am sending to Premier Support or posting on the forum are to help Intel try to achieve their aim for everyone to migrate across from IFORT to IFX ideally before end of next year. TBO, based upon my experience and many of the other posts on this forum, I don't see this being feasible for a few years even though IFORT is due to be dropped next year.  I am very nervous about doing this as my application will require hours and hours of retesting for IFX version once I can actually compile and run it which currently I can't.  The debug version does seem to compile without an ICEs but just hangs when I try to run it from either within VS or standalone. An small error message appears on the Taskbar and only way forward from within VS is to kill using the red square Stop button.

Did there used to be a way of editing posts (originated by poster) on this forum? If so it must have been removed as part of the "user experience" improvements made over recent years

Steve

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

As for your problem of uploading files to Priority Support, the standard answer from IT is to clear browser caches and try again.

Thank you so much for reporting the issues you uncover to make a better product for Fortran developers. All of us in this community appreciate that.

0 Kudos
jirina
New Contributor I

The standard answer from IT to clear browser caches in Google Chrome (I switched to the advanced tab and let Chrome clear absolutely everything; I will be reviewing and allowing cookies, logging in to many sites, etc. for several coming days), and it did not help me.

I am trying to upload an attachment to a support ticket, which is by a coincidence related to switching from IFORT to IFX, and I gave up after 15 minutes, the file size of the attachment is 15 kB (yes, kilobytes).

I tried the same in Edge and the result is the same.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

Will you please try again? Maybe there was an issue at our end at that time you tried.

0 Kudos