Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

Problem compiling in Fortran Build Environment for application

mefos
Beginner
We have problem using Fortran Build Environment for application running on IA-32. When starting the environment from the Start menu, the Windows 7 system with VS2008 suddenly becomes very slow. When we try to uninstall the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 11.0.075, no parts of the compiler are unstalled. The uninstallation seems to stop when trying to remove the integration to Visual Studio.

Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
11.0.075 (June 2009) pre-dates the release of Windows 7so was not tested or supported on that OS.

Are you trying to uninstall while Microsoft Visual Studio was running? That might cause problems.

If the uninstall is hanging. You might want to trydoinga Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 modify to restore the IDE integration.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos
mefos
Beginner
Thank you for answering.
After installing VS2008 and IVF 11.0.075 on a new Windows 7 computer, the first time hanging appeared was during the first compilation of a Fortran program. The next time the computer hanged was directly after startup when trying to use the Fortran Build Environment (this is why we suspected some problem with IVF).
The failed uninstallation of IVF was not done when VS was running. However, we found that after first uninstalling VS2008 it was possible to uninstall IVF as well, so probably there was some problem with the IDE integration.
After reinstalling VS2008 and IVF, the computer hanged again when trying to use the Fortran Build Environment. During a new reinstallation we found that just entering the VS2008 installation and then exiting without installing anything hangs the computer. It seems as the computer hangs more easliy now and that it has nothing to do with IVF. Maybe the reason for the slow computer was initiated by using an IVF version that pre-dates Windows 7 or because of some problem with the IDE intergration, but as it now appears without IVF being installed it seems to be something else.
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Can you upgrade to a release that supports Windows 7? I would not recommend re-instaling 11.0.075 on Windows 7, but doing the modify to restore your VS2008 integration and then isntalling a version of the compiler supported on Windows 7.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos
mefos
Beginner
Which is the first version of IVF that works with Windows7?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Any recent 11.1 compiler (but not the first one) supports installation on Windows 7.
0 Kudos
mefos
Beginner
Ok, I will get a new version of the compiler and make a new installation. Thank you!
0 Kudos