Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26729 Discussions

Problem during linking of fortran with abaqus

MANOJ_V_
Beginner

I recently purchased Intel fortran composer 2017,abaqus 6.9 academic license and installed both of them with VS 2013 in the following order

1)Abaqus 6.9

2)VS 2013

3)Intel fortran

I tried linking it by adding path in environment variables,but when i checked in cmd it is showing error.and i checked log file for error the error is shown as below

Compiling std_user.for
Compile command:  ['ifort', '/c', '/DABQ_WIN86_64', '/recursive', '/Qauto-scalar', '/QxW', '/nologo', '/Od', '/include:C:\\Users\\raj\\verify', 'std_user.for']
Checkout succeeded: Comp-FW/88E8809CDFDF
License file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\**************(license file)
No server used
ifort: command line warning #10131: extension 'W' not supported ignored in option '/Qx'
End Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines

Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The problem is during compile, not link. Take out the /QxW. That is a long-obsolete option. It also makes no sense if you're also disabling optimization with /Od. If you choose to build with optimization, then you may want to use /QxHost to optimize for the processor you compiled on.