Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem of linking IMSL to VS2008

sivatt
Beginner
Hi,
I'm new to fortran and IMSL. I'm trying to link IMSL to VS 2008, but I kept getting the following msg. I added the libraries and includes. I'm using a Win7 64-bit machine. The IVF I bought isIntelVisual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition Version 11.1 for Windows with IMSL*
Error 1 error #5102: Cannot open include file 'link_fnl_static.h'
Error 2 error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [LIN_SVD_INT]
Error 3 error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [RAND_GEN_INT]
Error 4 Compilation Aborted (code 1)
My library directory list looks like this:
$(IFortInstallDir)lib\\Intel64
$(IFortInstallDir)mkl\\em64t\\lib
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\\lib\\amd64
$(VCInstallDir)lib\\amd64
$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\\lib\\x64
$(WindowsSdkDir)lib\\x64
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\070\\mkl\\em64t\\lib
And my include directory list looks like this:
$(IFortInstallDir)include
$(IFortInstallDir)include\\Intel64
$(IFortInstallDir)mkl\\include
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\\include
$(VCInstallDir)include
$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\\include
$(WindowsSdkDir)include
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\070\\mkl\\include\\em64t\\lp64
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\070\\mkl\\include\\em64t\\ilp64
Thanks a lot in advance!
Best
Siva
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The installer that you listed (and subsequently edited out -- with name resembling W_CPROF_P_11.1.067_INTEL64.EXE) does not contain IMSL. These are installers for IMSL that add to the installation of the Intel Fortran 11.1 compiler package.

W_CPROFIMSL_P_11.1.062_IA32.EXE
W_CPROFIMSL_P_11.1.062_INTEL64.EXE

Do click on the link that Steve provided and read about installing IMSL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
I notice that the Include and Lib directories do not contain the IMSL directories. That is why you got the error message. At the command line, you would run the set-up batch file fnlsetup.bat for the x64 architecture if necessary, so that the INCLUDE and LIB environmental variables are suitable for using IMSL.

Have you downloaded and installed (or obtained on a CD/DVD) the IMSL components of the product (they are, at least in the download version, separate from the compiler).

There is most probably something similar to do for the VS environment. Please look it up in the IMSL installation instructions.

Check the environment, as well.
0 Kudos
sivatt
Beginner
Thanks a lot mecej4! You are right. I didnt install IMSL successfully! Let me try to install it again! Thank you once again!
0 Kudos
sivatt
Beginner
Thanks Steve. I didn't install IMSL successfully. Let me try to reinstall it.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The installer that you listed (and subsequently edited out -- with name resembling W_CPROF_P_11.1.067_INTEL64.EXE) does not contain IMSL. These are installers for IMSL that add to the installation of the Intel Fortran 11.1 compiler package.

W_CPROFIMSL_P_11.1.062_IA32.EXE
W_CPROFIMSL_P_11.1.062_INTEL64.EXE

Do click on the link that Steve provided and read about installing IMSL.
0 Kudos
sivatt
Beginner
Thanks a lot mecej4. The problem solved after I reinstallW_CPROFIMSL_P_11.1.062_INTEL64.EXE. For some reason it didnt create a VNI\imsl folder last time I installed it...
Thanks again,
Siva
0 Kudos