Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

Windows 7 service service pack hangs

billsinclaol_com
Beginner
Where should I go for this?
Or is it a phone number?

It says "do not turn off computer,"
but what other choice do I have?

The ****** is stuck.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You would contact Microsoft. Perhaps start with this, which I found with Google. But my experience is that you can turn off the computer and reatart it and the service pack will recover. Worth a try.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
I have no reason to believe that my experience with W7SP1 has any bearing on your problem, but here it is.

I have a hard disk which came with a laptop and had W7 - X64 Home Premium installed, to which I added a Suse-11 installation. The Suse-11 installation modified the MBR.

About 15 months later, I tried several times to install W7 SP1. Each time, it would say a reboot was required, a CHKDSK was started before the W7 logon screen came up, and would fail. However, the pre-SP1 W7 would come up and run fine despite the failure of CHKDSK.

Not knowing anything else to try, I restored to a W7 restore point preceding the Suse installation. Following that, I was able to install W7 SP1, and then I restored Suse 11.
0 Kudos