Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with Intel Cluster Studio Tools 2016

Terry_Wong
Beginner

When I upgraded my Intel Parallel Studio from 2013 to 2016, my tools like Vtune and Advisor stopped working.

When I launch the tools from my IDE (Visual Studio 2012), the executable program I am gathering statistics on dies immediately.  It used to work with the previous Parallel Studio tools.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Only one VTune driver can remain installed, so the newer installation will disable the older one.  You must remember to deselect the installation if you want the older one to remain in place. You could remove the newer component and replace the older one.  For further discussion, you might choose the VTune or Advisor forum.

I am using the latest VTune and Advisor with all versions of the Windows compilers I have installed.  This sometimes means launching the newer cmd prompt window simply for those tools, while building in an older window.  If running from VS GUI, I think you must open the latest environment and then select the older compiler, assuming both are integrated into the same VS or Shell. 

I try to keep the 2013 final update in place on linux, due to the age of my MIC coprocessor.

0 Kudos
Terry_Wong
Beginner

I checked my machine and I have the following versions installed.

Intel Vtune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 17

Intel Vtune Amplifier XE 2015

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Cluster Edition

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Cluster Edition

Please advise as to what I should remove.

Also, if I remove some versions, will it affect my latest version?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I would recommend uninstalling all of the older ones and then do a "repair" on the latest one.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

At least modify the parallel studio installatios and remove unwanted vtune and advisor then repair the one you are keeping.

0 Kudos