Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Problem with Xcode and Intel Compiler 2018

Durschmidt__Don
Beginner

I think I may not have done the installation correctly ( Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0 does not appear under "Using" in "Build Rules"and should uninstall and re-install now that I have added the Xcode command line tools (done after the Fortran install).

The uninstall directions for 2018 are apparently completely different than that for 2015 as there is no "uninstall_fcompxe.sh" file under /opt/intel.

Also, if I try to do the:

source  /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh  intel64

there are errors on lines 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 and 63.  All say "local: not found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Durschmidt__Don
Beginner

Oops, post should be this:

I think I may not have done the installation correctly ( Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0 does not appear under "Using" in "Build Rules" ) and should uninstall and re-install now that I have added the Xcode command line tools (done after the Fortran install).

The uninstall directions for 2018 are apparently completely different than that for 2015 as there is no "uninstall_fcompxe.sh" file under /opt/intel.

Also, if I try to do the:

source  /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh  intel64

there are errors on lines 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 and 63.  All say "local: not found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Durschmidt, Don,

You may also want to submit a support request at the Intel Online Service Center (OSC):

https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

and hopefully someone from the Intel support staff can get back to you.  Xcode and macOS combination does not appear as well-known and understood by the readers on this forum as suggested by the lack of response thus far and the *relative* infrequency of posts related to Xcode (I've zero experience with it).  Hence my suggestion to pursue other support options such as the OSC.

0 Kudos