Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

Problem with Xcode and Intel Compiler 2018

Durschmidt__Don
Beginner

I think I may not have done the installation correctly ( Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0 does not appear under "Using" in "Build Rules"and should uninstall and re-install now that I have added the Xcode command line tools (done after the Fortran install).

The uninstall directions for 2018 are apparently completely different than that for 2015 as there is no "uninstall_fcompxe.sh" file under /opt/intel.

Also, if I try to do the:

source  /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh  intel64

there are errors on lines 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 and 63.  All say "local: not found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Durschmidt__Don
Beginner

Oops, post should be this:

I think I may not have done the installation correctly ( Intel Fortran Compiler 18.0 does not appear under "Using" in "Build Rules" ) and should uninstall and re-install now that I have added the Xcode command line tools (done after the Fortran install).

The uninstall directions for 2018 are apparently completely different than that for 2015 as there is no "uninstall_fcompxe.sh" file under /opt/intel.

Also, if I try to do the:

source  /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh  intel64

there are errors on lines 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 and 63.  All say "local: not found".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Durschmidt, Don,

You may also want to submit a support request at the Intel Online Service Center (OSC):

https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

and hopefully someone from the Intel support staff can get back to you.  Xcode and macOS combination does not appear as well-known and understood by the readers on this forum as suggested by the lack of response thus far and the *relative* infrequency of posts related to Xcode (I've zero experience with it).  Hence my suggestion to pursue other support options such as the OSC.