Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with ifort 15 and mcmodel

Liam_S_
Beginner

Hi all,

Recently our university has upgraded from ifort 12 to ifort 15, and now if I compile code with "-mcmodel=medium -shared-intel", it no longer runs on our cluster (though it does if I revert to the ifort 12 compiler).

For example, I created the following simple test file:

program progtest
implicit none

integer i

do i = 1, 10
  print*, i
enddo

end

If I compile it with "ifort -O2 -C progtest.F90 -o progtest" and run it on the cluster, it works. If I compile it with "ifort -O2 -C -mcmodel=medium -shared-intel progtest.F90 -o progtest" then I get the following error:

./progtest: symbol lookup error: ./progtest: undefined symbol: __intel_new_feature_proc_init

Obviously the actual code I need to run is more complicated, hence the need for the mcmodel=medium, but I'm stumped why it doesn't work when compiling with ifort version 15.0.0.

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks,

Liam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugues__Maxime
Beginner

Hello Liam,

I found another post that maybe related to your issue

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler-for-linux-and-mac-os-x/topic/562501

Looks like the intel library are not updated or available on the compute nodes.

I tried your test program on my system with Intel 15.0.3 and Intel 16.0.3 and it worked as expected.

0 Kudos
Liam_S_
Beginner

Hi Maxime,

Many thanks for that - it's helped a lot. And apologies for not searching the past topics more thoroughly!

Liam

0 Kudos