Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26733 Discussions

Problems Installing one API Fortran and C++ compilers

TonyRichards
Beginner

I have VS Community 2019 installed, which has integrated with it, 

Intel Parallel Sudio XE 2017 Cluster edition,

"                                                Update 1 Composer edition,

Update 2 Composer Edition

Update 4 Composer Edition.

I have succeeded in installing the one API Basic Toolkit after much tooing and froing.

I am finding it impossible to install the oneAPI Fortran(beta) and the one API DPC C++ compilers. The installer just stops at some percentage of the install and spends hours churning away apparently doing nothing.

I cannot use the Intel composer compilers as my licence has lapsed. I therefore want to get rid of the above Intel Fortran compilers but I have tried and failed for the same reason, it takes hours and stops early at some low percentage of the task completed.

I therefore want to start afresh and uninstall VS Community 2019 completely and get rid of the presently installed Fortran coimpilers and re-install afresh VS Community. I wish to then follow with an attempt to install the oneAPI Fortran and C++ compilers and integrate them into Visual Studio.

Can you please recommend an approach to this which avoids the Intel Fortran compiler uninstall problems?

thanks

Tony Richards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Devorah_H_Intel
1 Reply
Devorah_H_Intel