Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problems accessing ifort compiler

Christopher_G_
Beginner

I just successfully installed the latest version of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 on a Linux machine (specifically fedora 21). Despite a seemingly successful install, I am unable to add the fortran compiler to my PATH.

When I execute the command echo $PATH in my terminal, I see a PATH that includes /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187 and /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187ifortvars.sh intel64 which is where I believe the appropriate files are located. However, when I run the command which ifort, the terminal returns no ifort in (Path folders here)

Does anyone know what the problem is? It seems like the file structure is different in this 2015 version than previous versions I've used.

Also, I've checked and played around with the permissions to ensure that I can readily access the appropriate folders and that does not seem to help.

Any assistance her would really be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You're supposed to use the source command (or . depending on your shell). An example:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_
Beginner

I was originally using the source command but it wasn't working. I think I've found the reason why though. When I attempt to access ./ifortvars.sh in my file manager, I'm given the following message: "This link cannot be used because its target “./compilervars.sh” doesn't exist."

I would imagine that this is my problem, I'm just unaware of how to remedy it.

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_
Beginner

Just to put this information out there for others who may have the same problem.

I want to confirm that the correct compilervars.sh is supposed to be located in the <installation dir>/bin/

If it's not there, simply run a repair on the installation, and this should fix your problem.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Glad to hear you solved it.

0 Kudos