Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error related to MS Shell

Edward_S_1
Beginner

Hello,
I installed Intel Composer 2011 on a new computer and build a Fortran program (that runs fine on a old computer).  I get the error message:

Error 1 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\arm\Uuid.Lib' LINK

I've tried reinstalling, reviewing settings etc. but nothing helped. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have "arm" in that path? And you're using the VS2008 Shell? I can't quite see how that happened, but do this. In Visual Studio, select Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > Compiler (I think that's the path in that version). Select the Win32 tab and next to Libraries click the ... button. Add to the end of the list:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x86\Uuid.Lib

click OK. Now select the x64 tab, click on ... next to Libraries, and add:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64\Uuid.Lib

Click OK, OK.

Sounds as if you installed a Windows 8 SDK and this overwrote some settings.

0 Kudos
Edward_S_1
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still get the error.  It is strange since the path doesn't even exist.  I do have C:\Program files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\PlatformSDK\LIb\x64\Uuid.lib

Would Linux be easier for setting up the compiler correctly?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Use that path instead. If it still doesn't work, on the General page under Visual Fortran, set the option to "Show environment in log". Do a build, zip the buildlog.htm in the Debug folder and attach it here so I can look to see what it is doing.

0 Kudos