cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Problems compiling programs with windows command line

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile a simple hello world fortran code with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 from the command line in windows 7 64 bits.

The object is created but I can't get an .exe file as I always get an error about the link.exe

I cannot have Visual Studio installed in my machine, so I need to compile from the command line or another free IDE.

What can I do. I haven't any experience with intel compiler.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Black Belt

It requires the link.exe and

It requires the link.exe and C++ support libraries from Visual Studio, Visual Studio Shell which comes with versions of PSXE other than student or evaluation, or possibly some Microsoft SDK (a moving target?).  In a fully supported installation with VS or VS Shell, ifort will find link.exe.  If you have a compatible link.exe which is not found automatically, -Qlocation,link option must be set to point to the folder containing link.exe.

0 Kudos

You could install the

You could install the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 8.1. This will provide the necessary tools and libraries for command line use only. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/vs2013shell-windowssdk for a link and instructions (you can ignore the part about VS2013 Shell if you want.)

Retired 12/31/2016
0 Kudos