Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Project file contains ToolsVersion="14.0". This toolset may be unknown or missing

rase
New Contributor I

After installation of IVF Composer V16 (VS 2012, Windows 7 64)  I receive the message "Project file contains ToolsVersion=14.0. This toolset may be unknown or missing" when I rebuild a C++ project in a mixed language solution. Nevertheless the build seems to end successfully. The short explanation which follows the message is cryptic (at least to me), the explanation in the link even more cryptic. I was not able to find a reference to ToolsVersion in the project file. I remember I had the same problem after installation of V15. What can I do to avoid the message?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This is an MSVC issue. The ToolsVersion it is referring to is MSVC 14.0 or VS2015, and it is the MSVC project system that is complaining. Not a Fortran issue. You have a C++ project file that was created by VS2015 and are trying to use it in VS2012.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This is an MSVC issue. The ToolsVersion it is referring to is MSVC 14.0 or VS2015, and it is the MSVC project system that is complaining. Not a Fortran issue. You have a C++ project file that was created by VS2015 and are trying to use it in VS2012.

0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot, Steve, your suspicion is correct. I did a test with the VS2015 community edition which was not successful, for other reasons, I assume. The solution to my problem is probably to create the C++ projects again from scratch under VS2012, to get rid of the error messages/warnings.

0 Kudos