Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28630 Discussions

/Qipo /Qopt-report:3 Unnecessary .optrpt files

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

A quick question, When using the options /Qipo  /Qopt-report:3 we  get the optimisation report at link time (ipo_out.optrpt) but we also generate a .optrpt file (of zero size) for every source file at compile time. Is there any way of suppressing this unnecessary clutter? Also when you do a "clean" on the project the .optrpt files remain (VS2013/Compiler 16 update 1). I have seem somewhere the list of wildcards for files when doing a clean but having just looked today I can't find it. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Andrew 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I recently noticed the same thing regarding the reports and will suggest that the /Qopt-report option be applied to the "link" step only if /Qipo is on.

The list of extensions to clean is a project property under Configuration Properties > General. You're right that .optrpt isn't on that and I will suggest that it be added.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

"...is a project property under Configuration Properties > General. "  I looked there but clearly had selective blindness..... Found it added ";*.optrpt" which now works. Thanks for the info Steve.

0 Kudos