Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

Quickwin cuts off part of lowest line in terminal window

rorban
Beginner

I am having a problem with a Quickwin project that worked fine with CVF 6.6. (I am running the executable in Win 7 / 64.) This project uses two child windows: one for text I/O and one for graphics. The problem is that when the text finally reaches the bottom of the text I/O window, most of the last line is cut off and cannot be seen. This can be fixed by slightly dragging the lower right edge of the window inward to make a vertical scrollbar appear. If I drag the scrollbar to the bottom, the text is no longer cut off and new text continues to be visible, but if I pull the right size of the window to the right with the mouse, the vertical scrollbar disappears and the text is cut off again.

In CVF, no scrollbars appeared in the text window and this problem did not occur. In IVF, a horizontal scrollbar appears when the window is first opened. I can find no documentation on how (or if it is even possible) to control the appearance of scrollbars in a Quickwin child window.

I can't help but think that this is a bug in the IVF Quickwin runtime.

Here is the code the opens the text window:

SUBROUTINE TweakConsole (nrows, ncolumns)
!  text window handling code starts here (from DVF support email 7/14/98)

USE IFQWIN

IMPLICIT NONE
      TYPE (windowconfig) wc
      TYPE(qwinfo) wci
      TYPE(rccoord) rc

integer*4 irow, rowmoves, pagesize, i2res, nrows, ncolumns
      logical statuss
      character*1 ch
	real RES, TMP ! added these; original email had these as implicitly typed

! Use unit 6 for input and output
      ! It will always scroll down but lines will
      ! be lost at the top.
      open(unit=6,file="CON", CARRIAGECONTROL='FORTRAN')
      !set the scrollable screen fairly small
      wc%numtextrows = nrows ! number of scrollable rows+2
      wc%numtextcols = ncolumns ! number of scrollable cols
      wc%numxpixels  = -1
      wc%numypixels  = -1
      wc%numcolors   = -1
      wc%mode = QWIN$SCROLLDOWN
      wc%title       = "Terminal Window"C
      wc%fontsize    = #00080010
      ! try to set with user values
      statuss = setwindowconfig(wc)
      ! if that fails, try again with system computed values
      if(.not. statuss) tmp = setwindowconfig(wc)
	i2res = displaycursor($GCURSORON) ! turn cursor on

! Set the size of window to be actually seen
      ! be the same or slightly bigger
      WCI.TYPE = QWIN$SET
      WCI.X  = 0 ! was 10
      WCI.Y  = 0 ! was 2
      WCI.H  = wc%numtextrows+3 ! lines hi
      WCI.W  = wc%numtextcols+2 ! chars across
      RES = SETBKCOLOR(15)
      RES = SETTEXTCOLOR(0)
      CALL CLEARSCREEN($GCLEARSCREEN)
      STATUSS = SETWSIZEQQ(6,WCI)

END SUBROUTINE TweakConsole

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please provide a small but complete program that demonstrates the problem. You can ZIP it and attach the ZIP.

0 Kudos
rorban
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

Please provide a small but complete program that demonstrates the problem. You can ZIP it and attach the ZIP.

Here you go. Should be self-explanatory. Create a Quickwin project and add this source file.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok. What I see is that the horizontal scrollbar is overlaying part of the visible window area. That doesn't seem right to me and I will send it on to the developers. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kent_E_
Beginner

Steve,

Having this problem with Quickwin using version below.  Is there a fix or work-around?  No scrollbar is desired--older compiler versions with same code did not display the horizaontalscrollbar.

Thanks, Kent

Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Integrated)

Version 12.0.21005.1 REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.51209

Installed Version: IDE Standard

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*   Package ID: w_comp_lib_2017.0.109
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013, Version 17.0.0036.12, Copyright © 2002-2016 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This is still an open issue with development, issue ID is DPD200415266.

0 Kudos
Gsi_Gsi
Beginner

Hello,

one of my collegue has this problme yet during the development of a software code.
Is it still an open issue or exist a solution? (issue ID is DPD200415266)

Thanks in advance
Helmut

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Gsi Gsi wrote:

Hello,

one of my collegue has this problme yet during the development of a software code.
Is it still an open issue or exist a solution? (issue ID is DPD200415266)

What is the compiler version?

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

FWIW - I had a similar experience in a non-QuickWin application that may apply here. Several(many) years ago MS Windows introduced different styles of scroll bars. The application I had started clipping the last line when the users chose (or default became) a newer scroll bar format. I cannot recall at this time, it may have been when the rounded corner/3D looking buttons came out and this may have required a wider channel for the slider. I am not sure if you can revert back to the old style scroll buttons for your application. If you can, and it fixes the problem, you could then get along with the fix until an update comes from Intel.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Gsi_Gsi
Beginner

Hello,

we are using: Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 4 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* with Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015, Version 17.0.0047.14.
At the moment we have to use for different reasons an old flexlm licenseserver. Therefore we can't upgrade the compiler to version 2018.

Regards Helmut

0 Kudos