Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Quickwin program problems with ifort 19.1 ( Bug in 19.1? )

Svein-Atle_Engeseth

Hi,
I have a quickwin program with a simple dialog installed on three different computers, all running Windows 10 and using Visual Studio Enterprise 2017.
One computer has ifort 19.0 update 5. On this one the program works as it has always done.
On the other two that has ifort 19.1.0.166 Build 20191121 the program compiles without complaint and I can execute the program.
But the Dialog is all wrong, all the fields that are set at startup are empty, i.e. Radio Buttons aren't set, input fields aren't set with default values and so on.
Selecting run for the dialog has no effect, but the Quit button works.
I have copied the source file and the resource file, in fact the whole IVF project, from the one computer where it works to the other two without any effect.
The old executables that were compiled with previous version of ifort work as expected.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Any suggestions for a solution?
Regards,
Svein-Atle Engeseth

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ron_Green

there is an open bug report for dialogs build with 19.1 under x64 configuration.  Not seen in ia32 configuration.

Is yours a 32 or 64 bit build?  If 64, can you try to build/run with ia32 configuration?

0 Kudos
Svein-Atle_Engeseth
Thank you Ronald, It is a 64 build. I may try a32 build. I found some older comments about this problem. One was that the resource compiler could not find winres.h and I experienced this too. I included the correct path for winres.h but the program still does not compile correctly. Regards, Svein-Atle Engeseth
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Some of the older header files use integer(DWORD) in places where it was required to use integer(HANDLE). There may be other places where 32-bit type is used when 64-bit type is required.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

For Quickwin that is not an issue.

0 Kudos
Scott_L_
New Contributor I

The issue we found in quickwin on x64 versus w32 was in the SetHandle(). routine and was confirmed by the ifort team.  I don't know what release may or may not have fixed that issue.

thanks

scott

0 Kudos
Svein-Atle_Engeseth
Hi, Executable compiled as ia32 works. Thanks, Svein-Atle Engeseth
0 Kudos