Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Recommended minimal oneAPI Base install for local ifort 20.1 only?

mrvogt
Novice

I've gone through most of the documentation, but am missing a guideline on what oneAPI Base components are required if I want to install HPC to run ifort 20.1 locally only? I'm just looking to compile legacy and modern Fortran code on my PC, but trying to minimize install footprint. thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

None. You don't need the Base. You'll get a warning during the HPC install, but you can safely ignore it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

None. You don't need the Base. You'll get a warning during the HPC install, but you can safely ignore it.

Ron_Green

the only 'gotcha' is that MKL is in the Base Toolkit.  So if you need MKL it won't be in HPC Toolkit.  MKL has a standalone package that could be added after HPC Toolkit.

OR you can go here

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html

and find "Intel(R) Fortran Compiler(Beta) for" <OS>

Ignore "(Beta)" label it is wrong and I've got a bug report to fix that. 

These packages have IFORT and IFX.  IFORT is PRODUCTION, not BETA.  IFX is BETA.  So ignore the label, it's a mistake and will be fixed soon I hope.

Then search for "Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library" and get the package for your OS.