Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26729 Discussions

Recommended minimal oneAPI Base install for local ifort 20.1 only?

mrvogt
Novice

I've gone through most of the documentation, but am missing a guideline on what oneAPI Base components are required if I want to install HPC to run ifort 20.1 locally only? I'm just looking to compile legacy and modern Fortran code on my PC, but trying to minimize install footprint. thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

None. You don't need the Base. You'll get a warning during the HPC install, but you can safely ignore it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

None. You don't need the Base. You'll get a warning during the HPC install, but you can safely ignore it.

View solution in original post

Ron_Green

the only 'gotcha' is that MKL is in the Base Toolkit.  So if you need MKL it won't be in HPC Toolkit.  MKL has a standalone package that could be added after HPC Toolkit.

OR you can go here

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html

and find "Intel(R) Fortran Compiler(Beta) for" <OS>

Ignore "(Beta)" label it is wrong and I've got a bug report to fix that. 

These packages have IFORT and IFX.  IFORT is PRODUCTION, not BETA.  IFX is BETA.  So ignore the label, it's a mistake and will be fixed soon I hope.

Then search for "Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library" and get the package for your OS.