Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Replicating Save Fortran Environment

Chris_H_3
Beginner

To Whom It May Concern;

I write to ask whether anyone has a way to replicate the old CVF 'save fortran environment' function.  I have a number of libraries to bind against.  Every time I create I new VS2015 project, I have to add them to the solution.  Is there a way to create a blank template solution that I can copy to a new location and rename so that all the libraries will be present?

Any advice on this is welcome.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

CHobbs

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You could construct your own Fortran project that had the desired options, with no source files. Then just copy the .vfproj file into an empty folder (renaming the file to be your desired project name), open the .vfproj file (double-click), rename the project and add your files. When you go to save, it will prompt you to create a solution file.

0 Kudos
Chris_H_3
Beginner

It worked!  Thanks, Steve.  I've been looking for this answer for three years.  Now if I could just get the array visualizer functionality back while debugging...

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Did you ask before?

Sorry, Array Visualizer isn't coming back.

0 Kudos
Chris_H_3
Beginner

Dear Steve;

Hello.  I did not ask on the forum.  I used the premier support and asked them.  They did not know the trick you mentioned.

Sincerely,

Chris

0 Kudos