Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

Setting up compiler options; manuals to purchase (or print)

michael_falls
Beginner
I apologize for asking trivial questions, however I am a new user who never worked before with Intel Fortran in Windows .NET environment (and with Intel Fortran per se as well.)
Q1) How could I set up compiler options from .NET environment ? In particular, how to turn on the warning if a variable is used without being assigned a value first ?
Q2) Are there any manuals for purchase (or print) where basic information regarding questions like this one is explained ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The "Intel Fortran Compiler Options" manual, part of the on-disk documentation, gives the Visual Studio way of specifying specific compiler options. The one you want is Run-time > Check Uninitialized Variables

Sorry, but no purchasable version of the manuals is available. You can print the chapter on all compiler options from the Compiler Options Manual.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The .pdf files which install with the compiler, in docs folder, are the primary printable documentation.
The Windows on-line documentation is accessible from the Start menu.
I find your first question easier to answer from the command line:
ifort -help | grep uninit
/Qtrapuv trap uninitialized variables
/CU runtime check for uninitialized variables
same as /check:uninit
[no]output_conversion, [no]power, [no]uninit, [no]args
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Only some documents are in PDF form, and this isn't one of them. The Compiler Options Manual is in CHM (Compiled HTML Help).
0 Kudos