Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Should I change my code writing for IVF8.1?

Zhanghong_T_
Novice
Hi all,
I have just downloaded the IVF8.1 standard version. I tested my former code with the new version (which can't get a correct result in IVF8.0). Unfortunately, The problems still can't be solved. For example, it can't display the correct value of some kind of variables (showing in the figure below); its pointer still can't point to correct object, and so on. Should I change my code which runs correctly in CVF6.6?
Sincerely,
Zhanghong Tang
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You're mixing Fortran 90 pointers with "Cray" (integer) pointers. This is not good and is not supported. Please rewrite the code to use one or the other for any particular object.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Sort-cut evaluation did occur for compilers which follow the f2c model. There were many compilers before and since which looked for ways to generate more efficient code.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I did not say that compilers didn't do this, just that the Fortran standard does not specify it. A compiler can certainly choose to do short-circuit if it wants, but you can't depend on it being in all compilers. CVF did not deliberately short-circuit.
0 Kudos
Zhanghong_T_
Novice
re
0 Kudos