Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Since the new upgrade KB4023057 Intel Fortran parallel is not working

herrera__jorge
Beginner

Hello everyone!

I'm student and I'm using VS with the libraries from intel parallel studio. I'm actually working with Intel Fortran. I have a code that was working so good, using all the processor and that help me to saving time. Yesterday mi windows had an upgrade (KB4023057), and now my code is not working as well it was, right now is using 30% of the processor. All the configuration is the same, the only change was the upgrade.

Some ideas ? What can I do ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Your post is lacking too many details to provide a useful answer. A quick web search shows that the function of that update is a bit of a mystery. You can try uninstalling it and see if your application behaves differently. (One doesn't know if 30% is too much or too little CPU, nor what you have compared it against.)

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Useful links:

https://windowsreport.com/kb4023057/
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/09/10/microsoft-trying-to-push-kb4023057-again-to-user-systems/

Of particular interest:

...It may compress files in the user profile directory to free up space

IOW if your application is I/O bound .AND. if the data files are stored under

C:\Users\...

Then you may be seeing file compression/decompression overhead.

Same "crap" (technical term) with that stupid File Indexing system. If that update also instructed your system to re-index (as well as compress Users\...), then you may have to wait a loooooong time for it to finish (as well as afterword's having the overhead of compression/decompression)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
herrera__jorge
Beginner

Hello !

I just resolve the mistake with the new update of VS 15.9

Now my code is running again with all the processors

Thanks to everyone !

0 Kudos