Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28440 Discussions

[Solved] Help to add ComboBox item

cean
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am following this to try to write a SDI code: Designing a Dialog Box Overview (intel.com)

I have put a Combo Box on my Form, how do I add item in it? Is there a simple code sample?

Cheers,

Cean

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
The drop down size is not on the property sheet. In the dialog editor you define the size of a control in the GUI. If you click the combo box drop down button in the GUI to expand it you can drag the grips to change the size.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
cean
New Contributor II

Sorry, found it. Don't know how to delete my post.

Using List Boxes and Combo Boxes (intel.com)

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

Got an empty list same as this:

combo box - Intel Community

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're not giving us much to work with. How about ZIPping your project (after doing a Build > Clean) and attaching the ZIP to a reply here?

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

Hi Steve,

I use the template to create a SDI program and add one menu item (tDialog) under the File menu. It opens a Dialog. The Dialog has two Combo boxes. I could add the items now, but when click the Arrow, it doesn't show the list correctly, only a narrow area. Hard to scroll up & down.

Cheers,

Cean

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

In the dialog editor you need to define the size of the area when the combo drops down. 

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

Which properties?

Sometimes I got the right display without any change. But other times, it only show that narrow strip.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You need a lot more for a combo box. You can start reading here: Using List Boxes and Combo Boxes (intel.com)

cean
New Contributor II

Is there a full code from this tutorial? 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
The drop down size is not on the property sheet. In the dialog editor you define the size of a control in the GUI. If you click the combo box drop down button in the GUI to expand it you can drag the grips to change the size.
cean
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Is a combo box really what you want? This combines a list box with a user-entry field.  @andrew_4619 has the right idea on changing the size of the visible box.

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

It's better the software's default could display correctly at the first place. That is showing a scroll bar with 2 lines with one up arrow and one down arrow. Or a default area bigger than 2 lines. If total items less than default area, no scroll bar is needed.

Then, If the user need to change,  he could  go back to design.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The resource editor is a Microsoft Product and is not part of Intel Fortran.

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II
0 Kudos