Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Some users unable to post a new topic

FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Nichols, John Mon, 05/11/2020 - 13:47 wrote in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/856414#new

Nichols, John wrote:

In the Intel Fortran Forum -- I get an error on trying to post a new topic 

Old form please resubmit  

I have rebooted and done a scannow and it still happens -- I am not sure if this work as I have tried many times - so I posted to the MKL as well 

This is my last go -- fingers crossed 

any ideas?

0 Kudos
32 Replies
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

jnk.PNG

Readers,

When posting a new topic, you should get a form as shown above: it appears you have to select "Thread" under the drop-down field below "Convert each comment on clipboard to a new:" to start your thread.

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

@Nichols, John: hopefully you will see this and figure out what you have to do.  And you'll then work with the forum admin(s) to clean up your other 2 posts, #8 at this one https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/856414 and the one at the MKL forum so those other threads are not polluted with issues that are extraneous to those of interest to OPs. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The forum software changed over the past week, and I have seen some things that don't work.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Click the link for "site support and non-technical questions" at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/support.html if you have problems with the forum.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I have sent in a note as you suggested -- the link to insert photos gives an Ajax error as well.   

Dear Fortran Fan:

When you cannot post to a new topic, you need to use an old topic to report the errors.  

Thank you for your suggestions however, I am sure with time all things will pass into history.

John

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

There was a software change for the articles and documentation on Intel Developer Zone. The switch was flipped last Thursday.  Hundreds of thousand of files were migrated. There are some kinks we are working on. :-)

As far as I know, the Forums were not supposed to be impacted. 

For site issues relating to access, articles, Forums, documentation, broken links, etc., please send an email to site support.  The link is at the URL Steve posted in #5.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

@Nichols, John ....  Can you create a new topic today?  Apparently there was a problem for a brief time on Tuesday.

0 Kudos
SunMesa
Beginner

Barbara,

I don't know about John, but I am having his same issue, and I am unable to create a new topic as of 1330 MDT today (Wed 13 May).

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

SunMesa wrote:

Barbara,

I don't know about John, but I am having his same issue, and I am unable to create a new topic as of 1330 MDT today (Wed 13 May).

@SunMesa, it looks like you didn't read or try the instructions in comment #2 above.

Readers, with instructions in #2, one can create new topics e.g., https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/856503.

A question for Intel Forum Admin(s), can you do something to make it easier for readers to create new topics?

0 Kudos
SunMesa
Beginner

@SunMesa, it looks like you didn't read or try the instructions in comment #2 above.

I'd love to try it, but nothing like what is shown in the image (i.e., the "Comments clipboard") appears when I go to the Create a New Topic page.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Despite the claim that forums weren't touched in the IDZ software change last week, it's clear that multiple things are broken. One I just discovered is that one is unable to upload an image to attach to a post, gets an "AJAX Error" from software.intel.com

Although I have suggested reporting issues using the page I linked above, my experience with this is that the requests go into a black hole - they are acknowledged but never acted upon. Disappointing. Barbara, perhaps you'll have better luck.

0 Kudos
SunMesa
Beginner

Although I have suggested reporting issues using the page I linked above, my experience with this is that the requests go into a black hole -

I actually tried that, and I did at least get a (very terse) response, saying they couldn't proceed further without screen shots(!). Anyway, I re-submitted my issue with screen shots a few hours ago, we'll see what happens.

Another very peculiar behavior that's new is that, after I log in and click on "New topic", the Create a New Topic page loads, but my Public Name (SunMesa) at the upper right has changed to a different name! And not always the same different name! Most recently it became "ereisch", which is an actual user handle (he/she recently posted the "Compiler ASSUME directive arguments" topic). However, when I view the Dashboard for eriesch, it shows my correct personal info. Very bizarre.

0 Kudos
DerenT_Intel

Steve,

If you still have my email you can send screenshots there.  I'm not on the team managing the platform anymore, but i can make sure they get to the right place.  Root cause of the ajax issues is that the underlying forum software was untouched, but the CDN rules we put in place to partition part of the traffic to a new server was too aggressive, and is routing some back end service url's into a black hole.  In general the part we need from the screenshot is just the URL that says it's not responding (shows up in the javascript error message).  The IT team thinks they have all the affected URLs now and is pushing out a fix, i think it's in review now.

-deren

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Steve, I think I found the right guys, Deren and team! :-) 

Everyone, continue to report issues here as you see them.  I would say with screen shots, but, apparently, that's not working. Sigh...

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Deren, I don't have your email.  Send me a PM here with it. But here's a screenshot of the AJAX error: https://imgur.com/sLXL6gI

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Oh, and I am still getting "Access Denied" when trying to create a blog post. I reported this to the IDZ email address last week - see my "black hole" comment above. That and a "too many redirects" error trying to read a message Devorah sent to me.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

More fun! Similar to the problem SunMesa reported, when I click on the Messages link to try again to read my message, it changes my username to "Jangid, Mohit Kumar". Something is VERY wrong here!

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Mohit Kumar Jangid

Ph.D. Student (Jan 2019 - Present)
Computer Science and Engineering
Ohio State University
LinkedIn | Github

Office: 439 Baker Systems Bldg
E-mail: jangid.6@osu.edu

Short Bio

I am a 2nd year Ph.D. student at The Ohio State University (OSU). My advisors are Prof. Yinqian Zhang and Prof. Zhiqiang Lin Before coming to OSU, I graduated from Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (MNIT) with the Bachelor's degree of Computer Engineering in 2013.

Research Interests

Network Security

System Security

Cloud Security

Smartphone Security

IoT Security

Hobbies

I like to explore and experience different arts of life -- Sports, Music, Painting, Dance, Science, Culture, Psychology, Mindfulness etc.

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Barbara P (Intel) wrote:

Steve, I think I found the right guys, Deren and team! :-) 

Everyone, continue to report issues here as you see them.  I would say with screen shots, but, apparently, that's not working. Sigh...

@Barbara P. (Intel),

Please take a note of this thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/856503

In addition to this thread I started yesterday after seeing the comment by @Nichols, John, I opened the other one this afternoon.  The two were created on two different devices using two different browsers, Chrome and Edge.  I followed what I mention above in comment #2.  Will IDZ team investigate why other users are unable to do the same?

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I still get the error and I have followed all instructions.  I would send you a screen shot but AJAX error as I reported earlier and then Steve reported still occurs 

I cannot create a new topic. 

I have tried IE, OPERA and EDGE 

0 Kudos