Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

Standalone (offline) install of Intel Visual Fortran needed.

Lee_B_3
Novice

Greetings, 

I need to know if I can purchase an Intel Visual Fortran package that is both compatible with Azure/DevOps and can be installed to an isolated (non-internet) network.

Thank you,

Lee Benjamin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You don't have to purchase - it's free. Yes, a full product download is available that you can take to an offline system. 

While you can download the full Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, it may make more sense for you to go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files , select Compilers, Intel Fortran Compiler. Select the download that doesn't have an asterisk next to the name (it will be larger.)

You can purchase support from Intel if you wish. That doesn't require installing anything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Ron_Green

There are many issues with VS 2022 17.2.  We decided the best recommendation is to not install the update or back it out if you accidentally install the upgrade https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Do-not-upgrade-VS-2022-to-version-v17-2-It-breaks-all/m-p/1382358#M161212

0 Kudos
Lee_B_3
Novice

Just found out about this:

Do not upgrade VS 2022 to version v17.2. It breaks all functionality for Intel Fortran - Intel Communities

So I guess I'll need VS 2022, 17.0 or 17.1.

If I buy a 2022 license is there any way to know which version it supports, or is it for all 2022 versions, or all versions going back to 2019 also?

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

We are supporting VS2022, 2019, and 2017 today.  2017 is going to drop off our support matrix at some point - typically we only support the 2 most recent major Visual Studio releases.  However, this year 2022 launched about the same time as our software and we had pushback from customers settled on 2017 and not willing to update right away.  And as we can see, VS 2022 is proving to be problematic with outside vendors integrations (not just Intel) so I expect VS2017 support may linger for a while BUT probably not more than another year.  Depends on what we see with the user community.  We're also tracking VS Code uptake in our community. 

So VS 2019 is a good choice today.  it's stable.  and should be on our support matrix for 2-3 years into the future minimum although it really depends on Microsoft and their VS releases into 2023, 2024 and 2025.

0 Kudos
Lee_B_3
Novice

Thank you.  I'm thinking, since I'll be installing it offline (and have the offline install for Visual Studio 2022 available to me), and can thus control if it gets updates or not, I could install Visual Studio 2022.0 or 2022.1 for a little more time than 2019 (and having to build the install package) would give me.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The only problem I have seen with the 17.1 (current production version) of VS2022 is that if you close a project that has a file open in the source editor, when you reopen that project VS will display an error. You can recover by closing the file and reopening it. I have seen others mentioning different problems, though. My advice would be to stay with VS2019 for now if you can, but if not, VS2022 is functional (as long as you don't update to 17.2)

0 Kudos
Lee_B_3
Novice

Thank you again.   I have both 2019 and 2022 available to me.  I assume there's no problem with purchasing a 2022 license and installing 2019 with it?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're asking about buying Microsoft Visual Studio? I don't know how their licensing purchases work.

0 Kudos
Lee_B_3
Novice

Or course not.  Sorry.   I'm still thinking back when I bought both from Intel.

0 Kudos