Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Strand7

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Strand7 is a structural package out of Western Australia -- it has the ability to allow an IF program to link to the Strand7 models.  The Strand7 includes a DLL and when I compile the program in VS 2013 and the latest IF - I get the message - cannot load ST7API.DLL. This file is stored in the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Strand7 R24\Bin

The SLN file had to be automatically upgraded from an older VS version. 

I looked through the properties and could not see any reference to the DLL file

/OUT:"Debug\St7APIDemo.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\St7APIDemo.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Strand7 R24\API\Example Code\Intel Visual Fortran\Debug\St7APIDemo.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Strand7 R24\API\Example Code\Intel Visual Fortran\Debug\St7APIDemo.lib"

This is the linker command line:  Help?

PS: is DFLIB - Digital Fortran ?

Ta

John

USE St7APICall
   USE DFLIB
   USE KERNEL32
   LOGICAL Loaded

PtrSt7API=LOADLIBRARY("St7API.dll"C)
   IF (PtrSt7API == 0) THEN
      Loaded = .FALSE.
      RETURN
   ELSE
      Loaded = .TRUE.
   ENDIF
!  Load the API
   CALL LoadSt7API(Loaded)
   IF (Loaded) then
      WRITE(*,*) "ST7API.DLL loaded successfully."
   ELSE
      WRITE(*,*) "Cannot load ST7API.DLL."
      WRITE(*,*) "Press <Enter>"
      READ(*,*)
      STOP
   ENDIF

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

The reference to the DLL is in the Fortran code, not in the link step. The function LoadLibrary loads the DLL whenever it is called instead of at the start-up of the program.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

You should read https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx which explains the search order for DLL's in great detail.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As for DFLIB, see the table near the end of https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/migrating-from-compaq-visual-fortran  Intel Visual Fortran still supplies the various "DF" modules (which do indeed stand for Digital Fortran).

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I sent a note off the Strand7 people asking for help -- ah the joys

0 Kudos