Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

Subroutine for FEA software using Intel Visual Fortran

floresge
Novice

Hi

someone who has experience in user subroutines for DIANA FEA software, I need help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

You might be in luck - but I doubt it 

1. Try it and come back with the errors - detailed errors and logs

2. The manual appears to be ok - but you can only use F77 it says - but ?

0 Kudos
floresge
Novice

Hi,

In order to compile and execute programs in FORTRAN, IFORT is called by means of the FC symbol using the following command% FC% nameprogram.f, and I get the error of "FC environment variable not defined". The name of the FORTRAN compiler is defined by the FC symbol, my question is, with what symbol is it defined since with FC it does not work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you are using a batch file that wants to call a Fortran compiler with the symbolic name FC, you need to set FC to the name of the compiler that you intend to use. The command (at the command window, or in a batch file) is

set FC = ifort

if you are using the Intel compiler on Windows. Before you run this command, FC is not set, so it evaluates to an empty string (of length 0), so the command

%FC% xyz.f90

amounts to just

xyz.f90

which says nothing about calling a compiler, but Windows file association may cause the source file xyz.f90 to be opened in an editor if it is not already open.

Please do some reading about environment variables, batch files, etc., if you want to become proficient as such tasks.

0 Kudos
floresge
Novice

Thank you for your response and recommendation. Attached in the image of what I want to do.

Thanks

the example is developed in Windows.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

0 Kudos
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

That is a clear procedure to get started, but have you followed mecej4's advice? First set the FC environment variable? Related to this: if I want to build a program with Intel Fortran, I start a command window via the Intel Fortran entries in the Start menu, as this will set up the environment for ifort. I am not sure that will happen if you start the Diana program as indicated. You may need to combine the two, by explicitly running the batchfiles that set up the environment.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Floresge, it is of almost no use for you to post a vendor's instruction sheet/manual here. The issue is whether you followed the instructions or deviated from them, and what responses you obtained from your computer when you did so.

0 Kudos
floresge
Novice

Thanks for the suggestions, I was able to run the programs already but trying to generate the dll. I get the following error:

ifort: command line warning #10148: option '/' not supported
ifort: command line warning #10161: unrecognized source type 'nologo'; object file assumed

ipo: error #11018: Cannot open nologo

Thanks

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You probably have an errant space between '/' and 'nologo', in a batch file, makefile or other script. Thus, the compiler sees the option / nologo , which does not make sense to it, rather than the option /nologo , which it understands.

You will find help more quickly if you post not just the error messages but also the source code or commands that gave rise those error messages.

0 Kudos