Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Subscription to post lately 200-400 new messages per day?

MWind2
New Contributor III

I have been getting 200-400 new posts per day for the last three or four days, and before I would get 20 to 30. The forums online seem normal, so I wonder if mailing list problem? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Same here! I can live with the fact that the forum shows up in Portuguese, most of the words I can recognise ;), but I do not have the stomach to sift through the hundreds of emails to see if there is something, new or perhaps old, that I might want to respond to or that is somehow interesting.

0 Kudos
jdelia
New Contributor I

Same here!

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Set your email preferences in the forum settings. I only get notifications for my own threads or where my user name is directly used in a reply. A problem that can exist is where an Intel 'bot' marks a whole host of emails e.g. as closed or archive and that prompts a load of automatic notifications of 'new' activity.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@andrew_4619 No, that is only a bandaid.  We do not yet know what the cause is.   The more users that complain, the more the Intel and forum authors will work on the problem.  As a note, I have received 1195 old posts in two days.   Intel is aware of the isssue.

The thing I have noticed is that it appears to be connected with the Fortran forum.  More data is needed.  And, from my 1195 notifications, they are all from JohnNichols.   One post per day from John is about all I can handle.  1195 in two days can make you suicidal.<G>

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I get your point but as well as fixing the broken guard on the table saw I would still apply the bandages to the injuries.  I have had no "spam" from the forum recently BTW. 

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

1195 in two days can make you suicidal.<G>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The treatment for a suicidal person is pyjamas and a quiet room with nothing sharp.  

Enjoy the relaxation.  

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

I, too, have a flooded inbox. I reported the issue with getting hundreds of emails to the Forum support team. They are working on it.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

The Forum support team indicates that the flood of emails from this incident is over. 

I subscribed again to the entire Fortran Forum a few days ago and it appears to be safe, no floods.

0 Kudos