Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28442 Discussions

Suddenly it is impossible to compile any module!

OP1
New Contributor II

Today I can't compile any module (new or existing) in my project (Win 7, XE 16 update 3).

I can create a new subroutine in the same project, link my code, execute it. But I just can't compile a module, even the simplest one one can come up with. I always get the error message "error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file."

Any clue as for what this might happen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please attach a ZIP of the buildlog.htm from a failed build.

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

After uninstalling and reinstalling Intel Parallel Studio the problem still persisted, for that project (not for others). It was only the compilation of modules that was not possible, subroutines were ok; I could add new subroutines, compile them, etc. Impossible to do this with modules. Even after deleting the output folders.

I ended up recreating the project and now it is fine. If this issue pops up again I will definitely report it and save the buildlog.htm file.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Glad to hear it is cleared up. It could have been an incorrect setting of the module output option (/module).

0 Kudos